KMail even worse

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Mar 10 11:58:21 UTC 2012

Is anyone except me still using KMail?

The recent enormous yum-update (600MB in my case) of Fedora-16/KDE
seems to have left KMail in an even more unstable state.
It crashes perhaps half the times I use it,
and what is worse, it has developed a habit of not crashing,
but simply disappearing.

I see nothing reported in /var/log/messages after these episodes.
I tried sending the error (backtrace) as suggested after one crash,
but as far as I could see KDE bugzilla was out of action at the time.

Am I alone in thinking that Fedora, and in particular KDE,
is becoming too complicated?
There seem to me to be too many interacting applications
which depend on each other for survival.
The idea of a single program that does one thing (and does it well)
seems to have gone out of fashion.

I see that in Italy they have a Minister of (or for) Simplification.
I wish there were something like that in KDE.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net