KMail even worse

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 10 18:50:48 UTC 2012

On Saturday 10 Mar 2012 11:58:21 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is anyone except me still using KMail?

I have never stopped using Kmail, POP3 and Gmail IMAP > manual migration as
automatic migration to Kmail2 never worked here.

> The recent enormous yum-update (600MB in my case) of Fedora-16/KDE
> seems to have left KMail in an even more unstable state.
> It crashes perhaps half the times I use it,
> and what is worse, it has developed a habit of not crashing,
> but simply disappearing.

The Dev's are aware of this issue, someone suggested disabling Nepomuk desktop
search to see if it helps. So far for me it has stopped the crashing and/or
disappearing of Kmail2 which has been up now for ~ 4 hours.

F16/4.8.1

Colin
--
Fedora release 16 (Verne)