KMail even worse

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 04:30:04 UTC 2012

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Is anyone except me still using KMail?

Since you had a 600MG download, I am presuming that you updated to kde-4.8.1 and
that the kmail you are using is actually kmail2.

Yes, I am using it as my only mail program and, yes, I have experienced an
occasional crash, and, occasionally it just disappears without a crash notice.
These crashes are rare, say once every few days, and I think I might have
figured out how to avoid/minimize it: I allow all of the emails to fully
download, until the 100% message at the lower right disappears, before clicking
on any mail directories or individual emails. This seems to solve (not sure how
to verity it) the problem, at least, almost all of the time.

Like you, I like kmail, which is "a single program that does one thing... well,"
and it is delivering on that promise for me.