KDE 4.8.1 update: kwin crashing SOLVED

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 11 23:36:25 UTC 2012

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On the assumption that I was in fact being naive, I tried:
>
> sudo yum --enablerepo=updates-testing --exclude kernel\* update k\*

If you have the yum-security plugin installed, you can specifically request
to install FEDORA-2012-3474 with a command-line switch.

(Please note that I do not recommend the main "feature" of that plugin, i.e.
the option to install only security updates! It does not work well because
of how Fedora updates work. But the option to install a specific update
group from updates-testing usually does work, assuming you're up to date
with the stable updates.)

        Kevin Kofler