KMail issues

Jan Simonson nytt at simonson.se
Mon Mar 12 22:10:34 UTC 2012

måndagen den 12 mars 2012 08.28.55 skrev  Eli Wapniarski:
> On Sunday 11 March 2012 12:24:17 Rex Dieter wrote:
> > On 03/11/2012 11:42 AM, John Aldrich wrote:
> > > I've reported this problem, but the developers don't seem to care
> > > about it -- I regularly receive HTML messages and if I click on the
> > > link to render the HTML and/or load external pictures, it will
> > > often cause KMail (Kmail 2) to crash.
> >
> > For giggles, if you happen to have flash-plugin installed, to uninstall
> > it (temporarily) if that helps?
> >
> > If so, you're experiencing a flash-plugin bug (fixed in 11.2beta and
> > newer)
> Tried it Rex... External sources still crashing kmail :(

I upgraded from KMail to Kmail2 late last year. Ever since then I have had
100% crash in Kmail if I select "load external references" in a daily news-
letter I read. The crash happens when I delete the mail. If I select NOT to
"load external references" I can delete the mail without any crash.

After reading this thread I upgraded the flash plugin to 11.2 rc1. Now the
crashes seems to be a thing of the past. I have tried to provoke KMail2 with
the same mail that made it crash 100% earlier but all seems ta be fine! (touch
wood)

Thanks for the tip Rex!
Jan
--