KMail issues

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:32:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 11:49 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Do other similar mail programs encounter this number of problems?

I gave up on Kmail a long time ago and now mainly use Evolution. Evo is
not without its problems -- I've even reported several of them -- but my
impression is that that it's now a lot more stable than Kmail.

IMHO people should use what works for them and should create their
"Desktop Environment". Evo works for me, except for a lingering
annoyance related to keyrings which isn't a big deal. And I often tell
Gnome fans to use K3b for burning optical media. I can't quite buy into
the idea that a DE has to have its own mail client, its own browser, its
own word processor etc, and with the major DEs available now there is
plenty of choice.

poc