KMail working!

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 08:30:21 UTC 2012

On Monday, 19. March 2012. 4.39.57 Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 03/19/2012 03:04 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > KMail seems to be working fine for me now on my Fedora-16 laptop.
> > I saw there was a kdepim update which may have been responsible.
>
> Well, kde 4.8.1 was just released to F16.  This caused many things to start
> working or working better.  e.g. The ibus keyboard now is visible in the
> system tray, and, NFS shares no longer appear in the device notifier.

But now my delete key does not delete e-mails any more! When I select a
message and hit the "del" button, the following message appears:

=== quote ===
The key sequence 'Del' is ambiguous. Use 'Configure Shortcuts'
from the 'Settings' menu to solve the ambiguity.
No action will be triggered.
=== end quote ===

I went to the said settings, and found out that del key is used as a shortcut
for both "delete" and "move to trash" actions. I have removed it from "delete"
(because I want the message to be moved to trash when I hit the button, as
before), and saved the settings. But that does not help, the same message
appears on retry.

How can I delete e-mails now?

Best, :-)
Marko