Copy file with Dolphin is slower

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:47:16 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am always curious why copying file in Dolphin is always so much slower than
just using command line. For example, for convenient I have an entry in my
Dolphin to access my remote server via fish://username@servername.

If I try to copy file from my local machine to the remove server, it shows
transfer speed initially at 1.3Mib/s, and sometimes it drops to only hundreds
of kb/s. When I try using scp, I get over 11MB/s, which makes sense since I'm
on the Gbit LAN.

Annectodally I've seen similar thing when copying large file over different disk
partition or to external drive via dolphin or just command line 'cp'; cp is
always faster. But I like to convenient of Dolphin so for smaller file size
this is tolerable. But I'm curious still of the big performance difference.

Thanks.
AC