Setting a protocol handler

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Mar 28 16:16:33 UTC 2012

On 03/28/2012 11:54 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 03/28/2012 10:26 PM, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
>> Firefox honours the setting you put in using the gconftool-2 commands this page,
>> but Chromium appears no to.
> It seems chrome does honor those settings *if* you are running in a GNOME
> environment, but not KDE.

Well....  Will wonders ever cease....

If I enter the appropriate gconftool-2 and then execute chrome this way....

export DE=gnome ;  /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome

It will honor the gconftool-2 settings....

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both
be wrong. -- Dandemis