multiple screens

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:04:42 UTC 2012

El 29 de marzo de 2012 05:25, Mario Santagiuliana
<fedora at marionline.it>escribió:

> In data giovedì 29 marzo 2012 01:33:21, Kevin Kofler ha scritto:
> > Neal Becker wrote:
> > > The main reason I'm using nvidia driver is because it has a decent gui
> > > for setting up multiple screens, for those occasions that I need to
> > > present results.
> > >
> > > Does nouveau have a decent way to connect a projector, select
> > > resolutions, etc?
> >
> > Nouveau supports XRandR and thus can be set up using KDE's System
> > Settings (or the dialog which a popup dialog offers you to bring up when
> > you plug in a projector, it's the same settings module (KCM) at work in
> > both cases).
> >
> >         Kevin Kofler
> >
> In fedora you could also try a command line tools call "disper", it help
> you to set up quickly two screens.

There is also a GUI called gdisper (http://gitorious.org/gdisper/gdisper).
But Kevin is right: using nVidia blob you'll miss xrandr, KCM and other
stuff.

I'm using the nVidia blob right now without any serious problem (Fedora 16
+ KDE 4.8.1 with graphics effects). IIRC, there is an option to select the
primary display in nvidia-settings. After that, disper (or gdisper) should
respect your choice.
-
Christian González G.
http://chgonzalez.blogspot.com