Setting a protocol handler

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Mar 30 02:00:46 UTC 2012

On 03/30/2012 06:23 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Well, prior to these fixes I made to ktorrent packaging, xdg-open (and xdg-settings
> get ...) would always choose ktorrent

OK, right....

Now this brings up a question that I have with regards to the xdg- framework.

You've indicated that MimeTypes=x-scheme-handler/magnet is the preferred settings
method.  Yes?

Is this related in any way to the "System Settings", "File Associations"?  If not,
when does that have any bearing when a given application is invoked?

I've not used those settings recently...but when I did I remember mixed results.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both
be wrong. -- Dandemis