KMail and KAddressBook

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Oct 12 00:23:35 UTC 2012

Does anybody understand, and use, KAddressBook with KMail?

I find KAddressBook completely incomprehensible.
Eg

1. I have entered Anne Murphy as a new contact.
I know it is there, because I see it if I Export
my address book in CSV format.
But I don't see it if I search for Anne, or Murphy.
In fact I am unable to see any contacts in my address book.

I read in the KAddressBook handbook:
"We can expect to see the data becoming visible again
in the coming version releases."

Is that my problem?
What exactly is the point of invisible data?

2. If I start a new message in KMail,
and start to enter the To name,
I never get auto-completion from the address book.

Have I not set up my address book properly?
Or is there some initial step I am supposed to take?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net