google chrome doesn't start sometimes..

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:54:30 UTC 2012

Martin Airs wrote:

> Good day all,
>
> Sometimes when I click google chrome, the cursor starts bouncing and i get a
> chrome entry in the task manager, but after about 30 seconds its stops
> bouncing and the task manager entry disappears, and nothing else happens
>
> there is a chrome running when i do "ps -e", just nothing on my screen.
>
> its not every time, i would say 9 times out of 10 its fine, but just every now
> and then i have killall chrome and click it again, then it'll start.
>
> I wonder if this happens to any one else
>
> Martin
>
> Fedora 17 x86_64, KDE 4.9.1

1.  I used to have problems with OLD chrome versions, but now running chrome
unstable I haven't seen issues for a long time

2. Run chrome from konsole, what happens?

3. Check if old chrome zombies are sitting around.  I used to see this
sometimes.  Maybe related to using long-running chrome plugins.