Samsung Galaxy GT-S5830L cell phone not showing in KDE Device Notifier

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 12:12:56 UTC 2013

On 15/02/13 08:49 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 02/15/2013 06:40 AM, Mario Storti wrote:
>> KDE Device Notifier stopped showing my cell phone after upgrade to
>> Fedora 17/18. (I don't know exactly if it was for F17 or for F18,
>> since I did the upgrade to F17 and immediately after I did the upgrade
>> to F18.)
>>
>> I did some research and found many posts related to MTP, suggesting to
>> install mtpfs, jmtpfs. I followed the recipes with no success.
>
> Try installing kio_mtp ?

kio-mtp sort of works with Nexus 4 but it crashes more often than actually manages to complete any
copying task. Sometimes, just sometimes, it succeeds. I got the impression that maybe it's not
maintained or really, really buggy. So I used the method described on the web [1] and mount the
phone using simple-mtpfs. Not clicky nor automatic but works reliably.

Is kio_mtp supported or a dying package?

Cheers,
Dariusz

[1] http://tacticalvim.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/mounting-nexus-4-via-mtp-in-fedora-17/