KMail/Dovecot creating mail folder

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Sat Jul 6 17:17:58 UTC 2013

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Saturday, 6 July 2013, Timothy Murphy wrote:

>> I'm running KMail on a Fedora-19 laptop,
>> taking email from a Dovecot IMAP server on a CentOS-6.4 machine
>> called "alfred".
>>
>> I can create an email folder alfred/Spam in KMail on my laptop
>> (ie a folder called Spam in the top folder alfred)
>> and after creating it I see that it does actually exist
>> in ~/Maildir/.Spam/ on the server.
>> However, I can't see this new folder in KMail (re-started)
>> on my laptop.
>>
>> I've had this problem (with other folders) for years.
>> At one point one could not create folders in KMail in this way;
>> it was greyed out.
>>
>> Any suggestions gratefully received.

> I haven't used Kmail in years, but you may need to subscribe to the
> folders to unhide them.

Thanks for the response.
How do I "subscribe to" a KMail folder?
I saw a couple of suggestions on the same lines when looking for a solution,
but none of them explained what they meant by "subscribe".
There is no option in KMail=>Folder using this word.
The nearest is "Update Folder", but I have tried this without effect.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net