KMail/Dovecot creating mail folder

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 6 23:46:32 UTC 2013

On Sunday 07 Jul 2013 01:29:31 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 07.07.2013 01:24, schrieb Colin J Thomson:

> >> Thanks for your response.
> >> Actually, your link doesn't appear on the face of it
> >> to refer to what KMail calls Folders.

> >> So how would you subscribe to, or unsubscribe from, a given folder?
> >
> > If you right click on the given folder you will see the options
> > Serverside subscriptions and Manage local subscriptions
>
> the question is "how to subscribe" via kmail

Yes I understand this,

> you can hardly do this by right click on a non-subscribed folder
> in your folder-list because it is not visible, as said in thunderbird
> this is done via right-click on the parent account

Well... I am using Gmail IMAP for one of my accounts and I can subscribe or
unsubscribe from the Gmail folders in Kmail2 by right clicking on any folder
shown in the IMAP account.

Unsubscribing with the right click Serverside option hides the folder in
Kmail2, doing the same right click and  Serverside subscriptions the Gmail
folders are listed and I can select which folders and subscribe again.

I am quite new to IMAP so sorry if I am misunderstanding the question, maybe
it is different with Gmail IMAP.

Colin
--
Fedora 19 (Schrödinger's Cat)