qt-4.8/kde-4.10.1 now available for rhel6

Alf B. Rustad alf at mykolab.com
Thu Jul 18 12:42:19 UTC 2013

On 17.07.2013 16:47, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Yes, once I get a little more feedback about how it is working for
> folks
> using it, good or bad.  hint hint :)

So far we have set it up on two workstations, both are in daily use, and
has been since you set the packages up. A main driver for getting it
installed was trying to get Kontact working with Exchange, so far that
has not been very successful as you know. However, Kdevelop was also
very important for users wanting an integrated environment for C++, and
has been a success. Applications I would like to take advantage of
includes Kile and Digikam. The packages have proven very stable, these
machines typically goes months without reboot. The main obstacle for
rolling it out on more machines is that Red Hat 5 is still the main
install, so few users are on Red Hat 6, but we will probably upgrade one
or two more machines after summer vacation.

Cheers,
Alf