Force KMail account offline?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Sun Jul 21 09:53:54 UTC 2013

On Sunday 21 of July 2013 11:01:02 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there any way of forcing a KMail account to be offline?
>
> I have an account at a remote site which I cannot normally access.
> Usually this goes offline itself, but sometimes it does not,
> and I get an endless stream of error/warning messages.

Hi,

it is possible to manually set account offline in the Akonadi Console
(akonadiconsole).  In "Agents" tab right-click the account you want to toggle
offline and click "Toggle online/offline".

AFAIK there is no official UI in KMail for that.

Is the account accessible only with VPN or something like that? I have one
such account and the online/offline detection works perfectly (because the
server URL does not exist when I'm not on VPN).

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
Associate Software Engineer, KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348