Thanks for 4.10.95

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Jul 31 22:07:19 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 31 July 2013 05:50:42 Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
> I've been trying it out for a few days now and one pretty irritting bug is
> that Amarok crashes on startup. I've been "forced" to use Banshee, but I think
> Amarok is nicer.
>
> Apparently it has to do with kdelibs of the wrong version, but I fail to
> understand how to reinstall kdelibs properly. When I try following
> instructions on the net I get a lot of broken dependencies from other
> installed packages wanting the older version (10.5.x) of kdelibs. I am guess
> 10.95 really is compatible but how do I persuade the packages to accept the
> later kdelibs?
>
> I am guessing the problem will resolve it self "soon" as I am seeing posts
> about the release of KDE 4.11 in the near future - but still. Any suggestions?
>
> /Martin S

I can reproduce the problem.

Looking into my system I see that:

# yum info amarok
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : updates-testing

so I think that the easiest solution is Rex to rebuild amarok using the new libs. Or FWIW Rex's gnomes (like Santa Claus). :-D

This can be done locally but for the moment I don't have either the time to do it myself or to describe how to do it.

Sorry. :-(

Regards,
--
José Abílio