qt-4.8/kde-4.10.1 now available for rhel6

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Jun 24 12:19:03 UTC 2013

Ben wrote:

> On 03/25/2013 09:57 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Thanks for compiling these packages, Rex! I'm using them on my machine.
> I have 3 questions:
> 1) Are you planning to build packages for the more recent KDE 4.10
> bugfix releases? I like to use the .4 or .5 releases if I can, since
> they've had the most time for bug-fixing.

Yes, as time allows.

> 2) Would you be able to post your source rpms online as well? I didn't
> find them when I browsed the repository online, but if I had them I
> might build some of the more recent 4.10 code.

Yeah, I suck. :(

Well, here's what I've got so far,
http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/mock/srpms-el6/

I'll make sure to provide a proper source repo on the next iterations of
these builds.

> 3) Is there any way to let people help build more recent releases, if
> it's too much for you to do by yourself?

Good question.  Maybe someday if we could move to some sort of shared
infrastructure, like http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Copr or
rpmfusion.org or whatever.

-- rex