KMail local folder

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Tue Jun 25 10:35:12 UTC 2013

=
> you can't remove "Local Folders" account, as it will be automatically
> added after next Akonadi start.

OK.
The fact that it is called "Local Folders" suggests that
it could point to more than one folder,
but it does not seem possible to add a second folder here.

> I'm not sure I understand it correctly (/me never used mbox), but
> shouldn't the configuration point to an actual file? /var/spool/mail/tim/
> does not look like an MBox file to me :-))

I take it an MBox file is a file of email in mbox format.
The file /var/spool/mail/tim (which is linked to /var/mail/tim)
contains email in mbox format.
I can read it eg with mutt, which finds this file automatically.

So I can sum up my problem with kmail(2):
mutt finds my local email automagically, so why doesn't kmail?