qt-4.8/kde-4.10 (hopefully) for rhel6 coming soon

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 17:46:23 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 10:11 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> folks have repeatedly asked about newer/featureful kde builds for
> rhel6 over the years, and I've put off mostly due to lack of interest
> and time... until yesterday.
>
> Making some good progress, so our mostly empty rhel6 kde-testing repo
> should see some significant content showing up over the next week or
> so.  Warning:  It'll be rough initially, we're at the "it builds! ship
> it..." stages, so copious testing and feedback would be greatly
> appreciated.

OMG! I was just searching the net for newer KDE on RHEL 6 and then I
checked my mail and here you are.. Thanks a lot Rex.. And that too
4.10?? Yippeee!

We've been using RHEL 5 for some time now and today in one meeting we
kind of decided to switch to RHEL 6 for all new projects. I was a bit
worried because of the ancient KDE version in RHEL6.

If you release the RPMs, I'd be more than happy to help in testing.

Thanks and regards,

Syam