Autostart Krfb and vnc server after boot and before login

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 7 08:07:46 UTC 2013

Am 07.03.2013 08:56, schrieb Ed Greshko:
> On 03/07/13 15:29, Vassilis Kostopoulos wrote:
>> Good morning
>> I have setup an f18 system and i am very happy. I want to use this machine without using of keyboard, mouse and monitor. I want to connect only by network. So how can i make Krfb and vnc server to autostart after booting and before login?
>> Thank you
>>

> For vnc simply follow the instructions in /lib/systemd/system/vncserver at .service
> Not sure what you mean by "before login"

nobody needs the vnc service in the case above  and "before login"
is that you simply see the kdm/gdm login-screen after connect
via VNC

* yum install tigervnc-server-module tigervnc-server-minimal
* mkdir /root/.vnc/
* chmod 600 /root/.vnc/
* vncpasswd /root/.vnc/passwd
* chmod 600 /root/.vnc/passwd
* create the file below
* restart X with "killall X" if you are remote via SSH
* done, BUT DO NOT open VNC in your firewall and instead
  learn how to use ssh-forwarding
____________________________

XVNC config

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/02-vnc.conf
Section "Module"
 Load       "vnc"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
 Identifier "Screen0"
 Option     "passwordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"
EndSection

and so connect in a scure way to a VNC server

#!/bin/bash
LOCAL_PORT=6000
VNC_PARAMS='-FullColour=1 -QualityLevel=7 -CompressLevel=9 -ZlibLevel=9 -Shared=1'
ssh -C -f -L $LOCAL_PORT:localhost:5900 harry at srv-rhsoft.rhsoft.net sleep 3
vncviewer $VNC_PARAMS localhost:$LOCAL_PORT