Easytag won't start with "Widget style: oxygen-gtk" enabled

Steven P. Ulrick meow8282 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:09:39 UTC 2013

Hello, Everyone
Since I am running KDE 4.10.1 (from kde-testing) on Fedora 17, I assume that
this is the correct list for this.  If not, I do apologize.

When I attempt to start Easytag with "oxygen-gtk" chosen as my widget style
for GTK apps, nothing happens.  "easytag" does show up as a running process,
it just never actually starts:

steve at localhost ~$ ps aux | grep easytag
steve    23932  0.0  0.0 312652  7764 pts/3    Sl+  12:53   0:00 easytag

If I change "oxygen-gtk" to any other widget style (other than QtCurve) it
starts up just fine.  It just looks ugly...

I just recently reinstalled Fedora 17.  Easytag used to work just fine with
"oxygen-gtk" set as my widget style for GTK+ apps.  The only difference that I
can think of between these two installs of Fedora 17 is that my current
install is running KDE 4.10.1 from kde-testing.

So, any help is greatly appreciated.

Steven P. Ulrick