windows envy

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:39:45 UTC 2013

I'm rarely jealous of windows users.  When I make a presentation using my wide-
screen laptop, using a crappy projector that is limited to 1280x1024, the best I
can figure is to put the projector 'right of' and the laptop on the left,
leaving the laptop at it's native res and the projector at 1280x1024.  Works,
but awkward - for one thing can't see the presentation on the laptop.

I noticed my colleague (windows 7?) did a sort of clone, where the projector got
his 1280x1024, while the laptop kept the native res, but the image was narrowed.
Hey, that's just what I need.  I guess the world of X, kde, nvidia, etc doesn't
do this?