Telepathy SIP account using wrong IP for VPN connection

Brad Hubbard bhubbard at redhat.com
Sun Mar 31 08:41:41 UTC 2013

I was trying to configure a SIP (VOIP) account in telepathy (Accounts
module) and it kept failing. I tried Twinkle and it connected straight
away. So I looked at a packet capture and it turns out the sofiasip
connection was using my local home network IP to connect to the SIP
server on a vpn connection.

Once I ran the following command it connected straight away.

mc-tool update
sofiasip/sip/_312563_40ccm_2duse_2emy_2esip_2eexample_2ecom0
string:local-ip-address=10.XXX.XXX.XXX

Is this expected behaviour? I checked for a KDE bug but could not find
one. Happy to create one if that's what needs to happen.

Cheers,
Brad