Screen Edges

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 17:32:04 UTC 2013

I guess I figured it out, but it is strange.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that one could use OpenGL3.1 as a
compositing type, so I switched to it. I ran my computer like this for
a couple of weeks and suddenly, last night, there was a strange flash
and suddenly the screen edges no longer worked, windows made an odd
flash as they appeared and other stuff. I noticed that the edge effects
were greyed out.

I investigated further a moment ago and noticed that I had missed, last
night, that desktop effects had turned themselves off. I tried to
reenable them, but they wouldn't turn on. Then, I switched to OpenGL2.0
and tried to reenable desktop effects, and now it all seems to work
like it should.