Problems with the last update to akonadi [Solved]

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Mon Apr 14 09:13:20 UTC 2014

On Thursday 10 April 2014 23:29:57 José Matos wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>      the akonadi server seems to be trapped in a continuous loop. If I
> kill one another one is started. So it is not obvious how to proceed.
>
> Looking to top I notice that there is a mysqld process running for 55
> min (the computer is now up for 7h24m).
>
> This seems to be the same pattern of yesterday.

Just a followup, in case anyone has the same problem.

I have solved this last Thursday with Daniel's help.

The culprit was:

Sql error: The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size QMYSQL:
Unable to execute query
Query: ALTER TABLE PartTable ADD FOREIGN KEY (pimItemId) REFERENCES
PimItemTable(id) ON UPDATE CASCADES ON DELETE CASCADE

and the solution was, since I am using an internal mysql server, was to increase the value of the innodb_buffer_pool_size parameter on ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf

The value that was there was of 8M and I have set it to 128M.

That solved the issue.

Thanks to Daniel for the precious help, :-)
--
José Abílio