KDE 4.13 and Fedora 20

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Apr 19 10:22:34 UTC 2014

Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 04/17/2014 08:29 AM, Ernesto ManrĂ­quez Mendoza wrote:
>> If Fedora 20 begins to require libxcb 1.10, a rebuild of all the KDE and
>> Qt stack will be needed.
>
> Eep!  that will definitely be a deal-breaker as far as I'm concerned.

We don't have to rebuild all the stack, only the stuff that's actually
linked to libxcb. Of the Qt/KDE stuff, that's only kde-workspace, sddm,
qt5-qtbase and vlc. There's also cairo that'll definitely want to be
rebuilt, but that's the GNOME folks' job. And a small bunch of non-KDE
packages that KDE stuff relies on, like pulseaudio and xine-lib (use
repoquery to get the full list).

We don't have to rebuild everything that uses Qt or kdelibs, thankfully.

        Kevin Kofler