Annoying Disappearing Windows

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 02:57:39 UTC 2014

Ed Greshko wrote:

> But, just want to know what your "Window Behavior/Focus Policy" is set
to?

I used to have it set to:

Focus Follows Mouse - Mouse Precedence
Focus Stealing Prevention Low

but, although I liked the ability to control the active window by simply
moving the mouse, I started to find that the password entry dialogs were
not responding how I wanted, so I just recently changed to:

Click To Focus
Focus Stealing Prevention Medium

I have lost that cool mouse active window control that I liked :-( but I
think I am able to manage the password windows better.

I also tried Focus Stealing Prevention None, but I haven't actually
observed any difference yet, so I am not sure how this setting works and if
it has any effect on getting the response I want.