KDE Connect

Martin Bříza mbriza at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 09:28:39 UTC 2014

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 17:46:00 +0200, Rex Dieter <rdieter at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On 04/26/2014 09:56 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I'm trying to "KDE connect" my Fedora-20/KDE laptop
>> and my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone (Android version 4.1.2).
>> I've followed the instructions in
>> <http://xmodulo.com/2014/01/integrate-android-kde-linux-desktop.html>
>> meticulously.
>> Every thing works fine, but at the final step (Pairing)
>> -------------------------------
>> Launch KDE Connect on Android.
>> You should see the hostname of your KDE desktop listed
>> under "Not paired devices".
>> -------------------------------
>> I do not see my desktop, or anything else, listed.
>>
>> Wireshark shows that the phone sends an identifying packet,
>> but I don't see any evidence that the laptop sends anything.
>

> As hinted in the other followup, the firewall is getting in the way.
>
> I usually just set the network to the "trusted" zone (though I'm having
> trouble getting kde-connect to actually do anything since upgrading the
> phone to 0.6)
>
> -- rex

Me too, can't get to see why, the ports of both the phone and the pc are
definitely open but the devices just don't see each other in the
application. I suspect there's something wrong with the broadcast
messages. I'm not a kde-connect developer though.

Anyway, the strange thing is, there is no difference between the Fedora
package and the upstream package and it seems the upstream devs are using
it just fine...