pam-kwallet review/testing

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 00:13:44 UTC 2014

Rex Dieter wrote:

> pam-kwallet brings to kde what gnome-keyring-pam is for gnome.

2 Questions:

1. I am using gdm, not kdm, so where would I put those pam -auth and -
session configurations? You mentioned that you put yours in /etc/pam.d/kdm.
Would I add them to a gdm file (if there is one)?

2. I am really confused by all of this password stuff. There is also an
application called ksshaskpass. I have that installed and I added a script,
exactly as shown in the directions, to ~/.kde/Autostart. Does pam-kwallet
make ksshaskpass redundant? Must I/Can I/Should I leave the script in
Autostart intact?