KMail and mbox

Daniel Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 12:46:40 UTC 2014

On Saturday 02 of August 2014 15:12:11 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I have an old mail file in mbox format,
> which I'd like to bring to my KMail inbox.
> What is the simplest way to do that?
> (All my KMail folders are in maildir format.)

Hi,

one possible solution is to add the MBox into KMail (Settings -> Configure
KMail -> Accounts -> Add -> MBox) and then copy the emails to your maildir
folders.

Note that the copying might take some time (depends on the amount of emails)
and progress indication is very poor (pretty much none), so be patient :)

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348