Plasma 5 packages questions

Loïc Yhuel loic.yhuel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 01:50:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

I looked at the plasma-5 copr, and I have several questions :

- Is it still planned to make co-installable packages (in /opt) ?

- How can the user adjust settings, as systemsettings isn't officially
co-installable ?
Settings which should ideally be common are saved in different files :
for example mouse settings (SingleClick, WheelScrollLines,
DoubleClickInterval, ...) are in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals for KDE4
and in ~/.config/kdeglobals for KF5.
So currently you can only configure the applications which are using the
same Qt version as the workspace, for the other you have to edit the
configuration files manually.
Even with only one workspace (Plasma 5 or KDE4), the available widget
styles could be different for Qt4 and Qt5 applications.

- I wanted to install plasma-oxygen for the Qt5 widget style, but it
fails since it depends on kwin, which has file conflicts with kde-workspace.
file /usr/share/config.kcfg/kwin.kcfg from install of
kwin-5.0.0-2.fc20.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
kde-workspace-4.11.11-2.fc20.1.x86_64
Perhaps the decoration and widget style should be split in two different
packages.