KMail bloat

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Thu Aug 7 17:50:23 UTC 2014

Patrick Boutilier wrote:

>>> I would like an email client that can _show_ HTML,
>>> but does not using it in _sending_ email unless requested.
>>> I have been assuming that KMail is such a client,
>>> if properly configured.

> In the compose window make sure the rich text button is clicked off.
> Although just testing sending with the button clicked on but without
> underlining/bolding/italicizing anything still sends as plain text for me.

Thanks for your response.

However, in Configure KMail=>Compose I don't see a "rich text button",
and "rich text" does not seem to be mentioned in the Help page
(Composer Page).

The only references to HTML in the Compose window are:
  Reply or forward using HTML if present (which is not ticked); and
  Improve plain text version of HTML message (which is ticked).

I should say that I am running KMail: 4.13.3 under Fedora-20.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net