KMail bloat

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Thu Aug 7 18:33:57 UTC 2014

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I would like an email client that can _show_ HTML,
> but does not using it in _sending_ email unless requested.
> I have been assuming that KMail is such a client,
> if properly configured.

I've found the solution to my problem at last.
When I click on New in the KMail window, to send a new email,
I see "Rich Text Editing" under Options.
This was On, presumably by default,
and turning it Off has the desired effect -
my email is now even smaller than under mutt!

Thanks to all who helped me on the way.

> I'm wondering if it could conceivably have something to do with KWrite,
> which seems to be the default KMail editor?

Not really relevant now, but I found it impossible to use an External Editor
in place of KWrite.
If I choose /usr/bin/vim or /usr/bin/nano it says the editor is opened,
but I am unable to enter any text in the email body.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net