Does Fedora want to expel KDE from its offerings?

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:17:59 UTC 2014

I cannot help noticing: the Fedora Project is monumentally unfriendly to
KDE these days.

Look at their Product offerings: Cloud, Server, Workstation. And as far
as Fedora's officials are concerned, Workstation = GNOME. GNOME now and
GNOME forever. GNOME, all GNOME, and nothing but GNOME.

With the F21 release, they grudgingly let you upgrade with the
"nonproduct" option.

But what happens with F22? Will they Shanghai all us KDE users and force
us to switch to GNOME, or else get out of the Fedora community?

Where is the option to specify KDE as a Product?

I chose KDE for a reason: GNOME is just plain too confusing when it
comes to "switching a user." For that reason, and a whole host of
pleasant discoveries of how well KDE replicates another environment with
which I am familiar, I chose KDE beginning with F12. And I never looked
back.

But now...!

Temlakos