Does Fedora want to expel KDE from its offerings?

Glenn Holmer shadowm at lyonlabs.org
Sun Dec 14 01:38:20 UTC 2014

On 12/13/2014 10:32 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Naming things is famously hard; I agree — we could to better here. Any
> suggestions? I would also like to find better way to distinguish the
> spins like KDE desktop, where there is full QA and a number of
> dedicated people, from those which get minimal effort and often have
> serious problems that no one fixes.

Fedora Workstation with GNOME
Fedora Server
Fedora Cloud

alternate workstation versions (supported):
Fedora Workstation with KDE Plasma
Fedora Workstation with Some Other DE

alternate workstation versions (unsupported):
Fedora Workstation with Some Wonky DE
Fedora Workstation with Some Other Wonky DE

1) important to note that the default workstation includes GNOME
2) hoping "supported" doesn't imply too much

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)