latest KDE update on Fedroa 20 unstable

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 21 08:33:06 UTC 2014

Am 20.02.2014 20:19, schrieb Peter Ilott:
> I clicked the "updates are available" button on my Fedora 20 system
> this past w/e, and now the KDE is unstable (Kwin reports unstable)

which ardware are you suing (grpahics card, drivers...)

> It blanks the screen sometimes. Seems to be related to use of Dolphin

unlikely, dolphin is only a filemanager

> Any suggestions ? How can I tell the version of KDE on my system ? (Yum -list |grep kde perhaps ?)

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q kdelibs
kdelibs-4.12.2-3.fc20.x86_64

running perfect here, 4.12 at all starting the the first day in 2014

> How can I return to the previous version ?

yum downgrade kde\*

> Is there a problem with Dolphin ? I have seen other wierd behavior with it on this new setup

that's impossible a problem with dolphin
it does not render it's outputs directly on the screen....