odd behavior while create a new file -> unwanted extension added

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 03:33:16 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> but the point is that create a new file with the context-menu must not
> add any extension if one is already given and since we are talking about
> a unix-system there is no need for an extension at all, in case of no
> extension .txt is *not* added
>
> finally that means there is some fuzzy-logic which must not be there

While I agree with you, I believe that this mailing list is not the
best place to raise this issue. Don't shoot the messenger.

It feels like the person who coded this "fuzzy logic" has a talent of
anticipating user intention. And yes, this kind of talent is easier to
encounter in the Windows world. I personally don't enjoy software that
is trying to outsmart me.

Orcan