kde mime types?

Richard Z rz at linux-m68k.org
Sun Jan 19 13:18:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:27:25AM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 18.01.2014 23:54, schrieb Richard Z:
> >> did you create ~/.kde/share/mimelnk/video/x-pana.desktop by hand?
> >> if yes why?
> >
> > yes - did not find any other way.
> >
> >> right click a file -> properties -> settings for file extension
> >
> > this is F19 and both dolphin and konqueror offer me file->properties
> > but no settings there. I tried around with the properties menu
>
> simply not true, any kde version offers it
> see screenhsot (very low quality because list limits)

yes, I have played with this setting before. It is called "File Type Options"
in en_US, hence the confusion.

This dialog allows me to specify which programs to launch when doubleclicked
but I don't see how I could use it to specify a mime type. When I select the
video in file manager it still says "mts document" as mime type and still
no preview. Btw changing the text field saying "Decription:mts document"
for some reason does not work?

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers