nepomuk tags for digikam?

Richard Z rz at linux-m68k.org
Wed Jan 29 10:45:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 04:47:03AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Richard Z wrote:
> > noticed that digikam is quite prone to crashes and other problems in F19,
> > what would be the first choice KDE program to manage picture collections?
>
> Well, in principle, Digikam IS the first choice program.

ok, I will start filing bug reports.

> > My priority is good tag management.. and I would need to import an old tag
> > database so some database that is accessible to scripting would be a great
> > advantage
>
> In what format is the database that you need to import?

The greater part is in f-spot. I found working python scripts to convert it to
darktable compatible .xmp so this should be pretty easy to convert to digikam.

The other part of the tags is in Nepomuk - currently Nepomuk support is disabled
in digikam?

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers