KDE Connect firewall rules

Dan Mossor danofsatx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:26:13 UTC 2014

On 07/11/2014 12:57 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Markus Slopianka wrote:
>> openSUSE ships firewall rules with their KDE Connect package
>> <https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/KDE:Extra/kdeconnect-kde/kdeconnect-kde.SuSEfirewall?expand=1>
>>
>> Is something like that possibe under Fedora as well?
> As far as I know, it is against Fedora policies, so no.
>
>          Kevin Kofler

Wait - you're saying that it's against Fedora Policies to ship firewall
rules for applications that need network access? Somebody needs to let
the Server Working Group know about that - they are working on the
packaging of firewall rules for every role they're creating.

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large