Fedora Plasma refocused

Lukáš Tinkl ltinkl at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 17:02:57 UTC 2014

Hi list,
just a quick heads up, at today's regular KDE SIG IRC meeting the
working group decided to change the focus of the upcoming Fedora Plasma
product (excerpt from the mission statement [1]):

"The WG aims to create a reliable, user-friendly and powerful operating
system for laptops and PC hardware, leveraging the KDE Plasma Workspaces
technologies. The system should be attractive to a range of power users
and content creators - people who build our community, as well as a
platform for development of modern KDE and Qt applications - even in
mobile space. There will be add-ons delivered based on our platform; the
first such add-on will contain quality educational and scientific software."

The product will focus primarily on providing a powerful, full-featured
desktop based on KDE Plasma technologies. We also decided that it would
be the best to deliver the scientific stuff as an add-on to the product
itself.

We'd therefore like to invite members of the Fedora Scientific SIG and
community to participate in creating such addon(s).

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your suggestions and feedback!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Plasma_Product

Regards,
--
Lukáš Tinkl <ltinkl at redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer - KDE desktop team, Brno