Chrome (35+) System Tray Issues and KDE

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Fri Jun 13 18:06:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:27 PM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox at bzb.us> wrote:
> A couple of things I want to reiterate:
>
> 1.  If you install Chrome 37, remember the icons will be a little fuzzy.
> This is addressed by:
> https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=382487
> please "star" that bug report if you haven't already.
>
> 2.  Remember, if you "exit" out of Chrome, you've shutdown the background
> applications, which means if you reboot, they won't start because their
> state at shutdown was not started.
>

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox at bzb.us> wrote:
>>
>> P.S.  There is no Google Drive application for Linux...
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox at bzb.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to make sure you have enabled the background apps in Chrome
>>> Settings / Advanced / System.

You could use Google Drive web when offline which is packaged as a
background app. I am not talking about Google Drive for Linux client
which doesn't exist.

Background apps are already enabled and I am not exiting Chrome
browser. I made sure I am not making any dumb mistakes, at least I
think so. This came in as a regression in Chrome Aura.