Annoying Maximize Window setting

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Mon Jun 23 13:17:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 06/22/2014 08:10 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Upstream unfortunately enables that "feature" by default. IMHO, we should
>> disable that silliness in kde-settings. Active screen edges just suck.
>

> The way to make a case for changing defaults is not: *I* don't like it,
> therefore the default should be changed to match my personal preference.
>
> Better: This configuration/feature does not make sense for our target
> userbase because of compelling reasons ..., ... , ...
>
> -- Rex

On a small display like my 14" screen, in my opinion, one always hit
the top panel to maximize the window. There is not enough space to
stack window aligned to the top panel in any possible way.

I also think rest of the edge defaults are sane too like hitting
left/right side to divide screen in two pane or hitting
top/bottom-left/right if you want to divide screen in 4 ways.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger.