Annoying Maximize Window setting

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 24 23:27:47 UTC 2014

hello poc,

On 06/18/14 10:31, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I seem to have activated an intensely annoying "feature" of Kwin
 > whereby moving a window near the top of the screen maximizes it
 > (it appears to be a lame idea copied from Windows). How do I turn
 > this off? I don't see anything obvious in System Settings->Window
 > Behaviour.

in addition to suggestion "alt+drag" and disable "feature", this is
just to mention how i set up my kde desktop.

when i open windows for tiling and positioning, i open windows with
a reduced height and desired width, then position windows to where i
want them.

i set up with pre open of 4 konqueror file browsers and 4 terminal
windows to '4 corners', and 3 firefox windows to '3 corners'.

when i activate desired windows, i <middle mouse click> sizing
button to give a full top to bottom window for viewing. when i need
full width, i <right mouse click> sizing button for full width. when
i have windows open that i am working with and they over lay each
other, i use <alt+tab> to switch between them.

when i have a bunch of files to move around to various directories,
i open a konqueror window, set it up with splits of 'top-bottom' and
'left-right' and expand it to full size.

only problem that i find is when i exit kde and later reopen it,
windows do not always reopen in same order that i originate them.

i look forward to having a new box that i can use dual or quad
monitors with and not have to have so much clutter on this single
monitor's task bar.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.