Behaviour of system tray bandwidth indicator

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Mar 18 18:51:12 UTC 2014

Am 18.03.2014 11:09, schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
> On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 07:46 +0100, Martin (KDE) wrote:

> Understood, however the /etc/fstab entry on the client side is
> "user,rw,comment=systemd.mount" and the full set of mount options as
> shown by "mount" is:
>
> rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
> namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,
> mountaddr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,mountvers=3,mountport=901
> mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,user
>
> which I interpret to mean no async, though maybe I'm mistaken. The
> server side is exporting async but AFAIK that isn't important here.

I read a little bit further in the nfs man page. By default a nfs mount
uses async mode, but file data is synced by special commands (i.e.
fsync...). The application can set individual sync option as well. So it
depends on three parts:

- NFS Server settings
- NFS Client settings
- Application flags used on opening a file

Regards
Martin