Why Firefox is not a good choice of browser for a KDE/Plasma-based product

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Mar 26 14:37:15 UTC 2014

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Fedora_Plasma_Product/Integration#Default_web_browser
> (votes please ONLY from Plasma working group members, 4 voting members
> have not voted yet). If you voted for Firefox and these arguments
> convinced you otherwise, it's also not too late to change your mind!

I'm not a member of this group, which I have never heard of.
This poll seems a bizarre way of choosing the best way forward.
Surely if you are going to ask anyone, you should ask KDE users.

I've tried Konqueror, which you recommend as an alternative to Firefox,
and in my experience it is simply inferior in many ways,
which is not surprising considering the numbers involved
in the two developments.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net