Why Firefox is not a good choice of browser for a KDE/Plasma-based product

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Mar 26 22:51:51 UTC 2014

Rex Dieter wrote:

>> This poll seems a bizarre way of choosing the best way forward.
>> Surely if you are going to ask anyone, you should ask KDE users.
>
> Of course user feedback is absolutely encouraged and welcome, but
> *someone* has to ultimately make that decision, and I feel strongly that
> this working group is the best ones to entrust with that job.

Only if they take into account what current KDE users would like.

Incidentally, Kevin Kofler's original post seemed to suggest
that Firefox would be completely removed as an option,
since he said then that users who "who absolutely want Firefox
can simply install it from the repository",
which I took to refer to the Firefox repository.

There seems to me to be a real danger of KDE shooting itself in the foot,
something it has shown in the past to be well capable of.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net